Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Relying on the Holy Spirit

I am currently doing a bible study series on the Holy Spirit. Today's study is on the fulfillment of the promise (the baptism of the Holy Spirit). Thank God for speaking to me of the importance of the Holy Spirit. More often than not, i under-estimate the power of the Holy Spirit or should I say I'm not really clear in my understanding of the Holy Spirit. only remember that its for empowerment. but empowerment for? ........For witnessing for Christ!! You may be going "duh..of cos.. if not then?" But it's really a revelation for me. cos many times i don't rely on the Holy Spirit during outreach even though its given to me for this very purpose. I rely on my own skills in communication, relating with people etc. That's why i struggle in bringing the message of salvation across to people.

From Acts 2:37 we can see that the response to a Spirit filled message is repentance. wow. its what we hope our friends will respond when we share the message of salvation!

Praying for a spirit filled meet up later and that the Holy Spirit will move in a very powerful way!

No comments: