Monday, October 23, 2006

22 Oct 2006 - Lessons learnt on Sunday

Today during unit prayer meet, Jian Ming gave a very interesting and at the same time well illustrated analogy:
Knowing God is like making tea..
first we boil the water. then we dip the tea bag into the water. now wat happens? water starts to have some colour rite? Now, dip the tea bag a few more times.. wat happens? colour of the liquid turns darker.. leave the tea bag in the water and the tea formed will become more and more saturated..
as we dip ouselves and gradually soak ourselves in the word of God, we will be saturated with the presence of God.. i believe wat Jian Ming said is true and hope that i can practise it faithfully..

Praise God for he is good! God spoke to me agn in the service..when we were singing "How Great Is Our God" it was then that God made me realise how small i have made God become in my heart for the past month... the words, "How Great Is Our God" came out of my mouth, yet i noe in my heart, i've viewed my problems and stress greater than God.. How can I? how unworthy I am to receive God's grace.... but thank God! he is a forgiveing God! He is loving and instead of condemning... I pray that i'll constantly remember that God is greater and all my problems placed together and that God is always in control.. Thank you, Lord.

No comments: