Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Jakarta trip day 2

Wanna thank God for the dinner with Richard and Tanaka-san! We talked a lot about religion. Actually before today I had some promptings that I should find chance to talk to Richard about spiritual stuff but I think it would be hard. And also duno how to bridge to spiritual stuff. The dinner was pretty normal. I managed to ask Richard if he is a vegetarian because of religion. He said yes. Din really managed to talk more about it until Tanaka-san asked Richard about his wife. His wife died in an accident in Tibet 6 years ago. Its after that incident that he questioned about the meaning of life and became a buddhist. He says he believe in reincarnation. This sparked off a series of spiritual conversation. He studied in the UK and his wife is actually a Christian and he actually go to church with her. But he believes that all gods in the different religion are actually the same God.
I was very amazed that God can use me in such a way. I prayed that I'll be a good testimony to impact people in my workplace.

He also inspired me. He say he wants to earn a lot of money while he can now and retire at 60 and do charity work. Now he is doing a bit thru the Buddhist association that he is in. But his dream is to build a school in Tibet and name it after his wife. He went on to share he really have a burden for the poor and hope he can do something for them. So he dun spend much. He knows what is his end goal. I was inspired by this and felt guilty at the way I spend my money. Imagine the amount of money I can use to help others! It's really a good time of chatting and getting to know each other. Praise God for the time spent :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: